The goal is to strengthen, encourage, support, promote and generate new efforts to improve the quality of the digital repositories for the benefit of all members that are part of Red CEDIA and for the scientific and academic community in Ecuador, through research and innovative actions that enable inclusion and interoperability of the digital repositories through its three lines of work: training, new technologies, and diffusion and visibility.
¿HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It shares and promotes progress (with the community), activities and new technologies on open access digital repositories that are generated by the group.
- It promotes and spreads the use of the digital repositories network service.
- It supports the sustainability of the repositories belonging to the Networks of the institutions that are part of RED CEDIA.
- It generates strategic relationships with public and private entities at national and international levels.
- It disseminates the results of the working group at national and international levels.
- It makes the scientific and academic production of institutional repositories visible. Such repositories could be members and non-members of the Red CEDIA. This is made through RRAAE.
- It promotes open access to services such searching, inclusion, and interoperability of digital resources.
- It promotes research into new approaches of interoperability to improve access to digital resources that are stored in different repositories of the network.
Working Team Repositories
The Working Team Repositories (GTR in Spanish) conducts joint actions to strengthen, support, and create new initiatives for the benefit of all CEDIA members and for the academic community of Ecuador.
To strengthen, support and generate new initiatives to improve the access to, and the quality of, the digital repositories for the benefit of all CEDIA members and for the academic community of Ecuador, through research and innovative actions that allow the inclusion and interoperability of digital repositories.
To promote, ensure visibility, and share and socialize information to generate sustainable progress in all the areas of scientific education at national and international levels.
To be a working team of reference for research and scientific knowledge at national and international levels of technology related to digital repositories, by generating technological innovation projects.
Telemedicine Working Team / Telehealth
The goal is to create a Telemedicine Network to develop projects for automatic acquisition and communication of trauma-patient´s data, and to assess the pre-hospital care. In addition it aims to assess the prototypes for recording vital signs and proposed guidelines, based on intelligent systems that support the trauma and on educational programs (B-learning and MOOC) about the management and prevention of traffic accidents and trauma.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- This project is developed based on the Red CEDIA network and virtual platform, through these activities.
- Tele-education for medical staff about the use of antibiotics for trauma, in the hospitals of Morona Santiago, 2015.
- Pilot training program for medical students about B-learning to prevent trauma and for the initial management of trauma in children and teenagers. Cuenca, 2015.
- Tool for automatic acquisition and communication of vital signs and data, to support trauma care at a prehospital level.
- Intelligent Systems to support trauma.
- Automated digital tool to evaluate the resources for trauma care in hospitals.
- M.O.O.C. to prevent accidents that generate trauma, in the Drivers Unions of Tungurahua.
- Dissemination of the working team’s results at national and international levels. The results are presented at conferences.
- Visibility of results through published articles, and involvement of national and international organizations in the field of health.
- Using Telemedicine it is possible to provide quality care to patients with trauma. The prehospital attention is timely and appropriate. It has learning content for proper training of the hospital staff. The content is directly related to the management and prevention of trauma through the use of ICTs. This research is the basis for future investigations and replicas nationwide, in hospitals and universities.
Or click on: http://grupotelemedicina.cedia.org.ec
Spatial Data Infrastructures Working Team – SDI - WT
This working team has as a goal to contribute towards research advance and IDEs development through inclusion of real-time information, semantic enrichment, improvement of the platform usage, and innovations to present and use the information.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- It works collaboratively among the members of the group to articulate proposals and projects, and to seek national and international funds.
- It enables technology and knowledge transfers between public and private entities.
- It establishes strategic relationships with public and private entities at national and international levels.
- It promotes permanent IDE training.
- It takes advantage of the CEDIA´s technological infrastructure and services.
- Provision of a collaborative platform for the analysis of geo-information.
- Attendance at the Conference on Spatial Data Infrastructure to present papers. Attendance at master classes with foreigner keynotes with experience in the subject.
Or click on: http://gtide.cedia.org.ec/